SACC purposefully reorganized to include commissions that have authority (Elders, Worship, Christian Education, Congregational Care, Youth Ministry, Outreach, Maintenance of property, Women’s Ministry) rather than centralizing all decisions in the pastor or the board. Other independent groups have also formed such as the Clothesline, the Men’s Breakfast and several small groups.
Do you want to get involved? Maybe one of the existing commissions or groups is a good fit. Do you have an idea for a small group, project or event? Here’s the way forward:
1) If there is already an appropriate group see if they like the idea, Or, find people who might be interested.
2) Don’t ask for money or the elders/board will have to discuss it and it could get complicated.
3) If you need the Church building or other resources find out availability.
4) The event or group must be rooted in Christian values.
5) Don’t create a monkey for somebody else’s back, you need permission from others first.
6) SACC can help you promote through the bulletin or other appropriate means after details are worked out.