Things continue to proceed forward here in Sedro‐Woolley. The construction is going at a good pace. Some days it seems we get a great deal of work completed and then there are days when it seems it would have been better just to stay home. However every day proves rewarding regardless of what we feel “we” have done. God continues to prove that this is His church as He strengthens and encourages us in ways that if we were self centered we would never see! Let me explain……..
1. Yesterday we got delivered to us 240 sheets of sheet rock that were 12’x4’. We started our day with just our normal crew of Rick, RJ and Myself. Well before the sheets were delivered, a local contractor named Bernie showed up with two of his crew Bob, and Jose. Thanks to their servant attitude, we had it all moved and inside the building in 45 minutes. Thank you guys!
2. I am working with a local young family who has a troubled son. We are making some progress in small steps but he recently had a birthday and his request was the gift of a Bible. The reason….when he gets in trouble, that is something his parent won’t take from him. This is his chance to become closer to God because he knows he is going to have times when he will be in trouble again and he knows that he will be able to look to God for his encouragement!!! ( I have a very special place in my heart for this young man)
3. Local business owners have started to turn to us for prayer. Now this in itself is not remarkable, however some of these folks are the same that were unsure f SWCF being there to begin with!
4. I have been asked to start services on the Upper Skagit Reservation. I will plan to start this the beginning of July. This will be a focused mission to plant a church there and raise up a pastor that is Native American.
5. Elizabeth continues to grow her ministry to women as well. She is counseling in he work place and ministering to some folks that normally would not have been her “comfort zone”. God is doing an amazing work in her as she grows.
6.When we have worked a tiring day on site and are tired and worn down….God shows Himself. When you walk out the back door of the church, you see one of the best views of the Hills and mountains and it immediately comes to you that we serve a great and mighty God who not only loves us……but provides for us our might and strength as well! Without Him….we would be and do nothing!
So you see, things are happening in His time, and according to His plan………to God be the glory for all of this!!!!
Please lift up my young friend that he stays out of trouble and in the word.
Our local economy and business district needs shoppers sent their way.
Local families are suffering under depression and oppression. Pray for a release from this and the addictions that are resulting.
Our church family at Savannah Church as they continue to search for a pastor.
Please continue to pray for us as well. This road we walk is not promised to be easy. For everything good that is happening, the enemy uses any chance he can t destroy it……we are strengthened thru Christ who is greater!
My prayer for you is very simple…. May the Lord bless you with wisdom, health and may you prosper according to His will………
In love and service,